Thursday, January 26, 2012

Understanding genocide

I don't think I have anything to contribute to attempts to understand genocide but I did once write a paper with this title, and a couple of people (over a period of several years) have asked for copies of it, so I'm making it available. Here it is.

Somewhat along the same lines (but with much more to say) is Rupert Read's paper "Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations as a War Book."

Two funny (-ish) stories: 1) the address of the journal my paper was published in included the line "near the gas station" or words to that effect (I'm told this kind of thing is common in India, but I don't think Mind's address includes anything like that), 2) I was a bit embarrassed to be publishing in such an obscure place, until I saw that Rupert Read had a paper in the every same issue. Not such bad company to be in after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment